Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday November 7, 2012 at 03:31
roberta23
Long Time Member
November 2011
A great overview, thanks.
Appears that remotes use the same cheaper to manufacturer likelyhood as hard disks nowadays. The last actually may be sometimes far more dramatical to user. Earlier remote signals were digital words from serial digital impulses, which with recovery code could be easily replicated errorless.

I understand that Pronto manufacturing has ended on 2010 and as such doesn't have long perspective. Also pronto remotes were too expensive just to archive some codes.

I googled a lot unsuccessfully until I joined this forum and from your reply I feel there still is something I have missed.
1. Are there simple remotes capable to learn and accept single button code by entering pressing button certain number of times? (Instead IR->IR)
2. Are there such codes available for Samsung TV discreet input function? Perhaps a year ago ... but my search was the unsuccessful, until I happily noticed that one Samsung PC monitor/TV had direct HDMI button on remote.

As my goal is to find most easy to use remote solutions (even in darkness) and not to control as many equipment as possible, this one button is of great importance to me. :-)

An there is still part of your reply I have to study - OneForAll Xsight series.
Do these moderately priced learn IR and transfer signals to PC and Vice versa?

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse