The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday October 26, 2012 at 21:25
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On October 26, 2012 at 16:42, tsaxman said...
You're right. Some may think it's consumer's confusion, while others may argue it's deceiving advertising. Any consumer with a basic knonwledge about remote controls can easily fall for advertising that says "Can use Narrow Band width RF or IR to control all devices.". Even if they want to control some RF ceiling fan altogether with their A/V system, right? I know I would.

I just wish companies could be clear about their product advertising, to at least say something like "... for RF devices, it requires aditional such and such..."

URC doesn't advertise anything. As tweeterguy said, this is a product sold only through professional installation firms. They feel there is no need to put on a box what all of its trained installers know. With that said, all universal rf remotes require the same thing. I believe it is unfair to blame a company for something that you simply are not yet familiar with. You did your homework here and now know what you will need to accomplish your goals. You should be happy you have this figured out now, before going through the hassles of finding out later.

Hosting Services by ipHouse