The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday August 30, 2012 at 19:59
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 30, 2012 at 17:11, TwistedMelon said...
Should I quote myself with emphasis? "a tablet product is no more A SOLUTION TO ALL THE PROBLEMS faced in this market than a car is as a mode of transport"

I understood what you said. No one said an iPad was a solution for all the problems faced in the market. Do you expect shoes to be the solution to all your wardrobe issues? Or do you just hope they serve as good footwear?

Let's look at it backwards.... That means that you can't solve all your transport issues with a car. You can't cross the atlantic with a car. You can't do a red-eye drive from Vegas to New York in a day driving a car. You won't be driving a car across a foot bridge, nor inside a building of through a path in a park. You won't be driving 20 people in a car, nor will you drive one if you need to entertain at the same time.

This is what i meant when i said you would come back with some deep philosophical thought. No one said that a car is the solution to all transport issues but if your issue is getting from point A to Point B its a damn good solution.

Now... On the same vein, a tablet, any tablet, is not the be-all and end-all of control nor input. We're at a different stage of the game, but look how well the Pronto line of products did compared to their competitors. And it wasn't because of marketing.

Again...who said it was the be all end all? It's a wi-fi touchscreen. It's the best wi-fi touchscreen. There is no better wi-fi touchscreen.

No one said it was an in-wall keypad.

I maintain that you either actually haven't understood what I've written in a few messages or are being disingenuous.

I understood what you wrote. It might not be what you meant.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse