The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday August 28, 2012 at 20:41
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 28, 2012 at 17:04, TwistedMelon said...
Are you doing this for the challenge and because you want something more custom than the already available commercial software available for iPad to control Squeezebox? You will of course have to flip between apps with any other software, but you'll save a ton of development time. And you'll have a much faster UI than will ever be possible using what you are now.

Hes doing it so that the end user can use the same app to start the source and control it.

His application is multi-zone audio where the speakers in some rooms are powered with multi-zone amps and other room (surround zones) speakers are powered by audio/video receivers. This home/business also has other sources and scenarios to think about like "im the only one home so im just listening to streaming music in my bedroom" vs "we are having a party and every room is rocking out to my careful planned playlist".

It would take a lot of app flipping to get the Denon AVR on and set to the correct input and volume level in the den and the Yamaha AVR on and set to the correct input and volume level in the family room and then all of the stereo zones on inside the house and in the yard, start up volume set, source selected and finally source power on/control.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse