The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Monday August 20, 2012 at 15:22
TwistedMelon
Long Time Member
December 2004
cgav, I already mentioned that I don't agree with the policy but that I don't care either way and that I support and respect URC's right to make whatever business decisions they see fit.

But, if you don't want to see others whining for the software, please stop whining about not having it as a dealer-only exclusive.

If I only had an axe to grind, I wouldn't use URC products and I would not set other people up with URC products. However, as a designer and developer, I have a high appreciation for quality and a disdain for lack of it, so you'll see me call them out the same way I would anyone else. The point is that you can be both a fan and a critic of the same subject matter.

If as a custom installer you can't rely on your own skills to provide a service, then perhaps there's a bigger issue at play than being able to sell only exclusive hardware.

It's as if there's no work for contractors or other professional tradespeople because all their tools and building supplies are available for sale everywhere. This is a weak argument put forth by people who are not confident or skilled in their craft. I'm not saying you have these issues yourself, but there are many more installers out there that shouldn't be in that line of work than those who are great at what they do. Like in every industry. Just saying.

Here are some other industries/professions in jeopardy because their tools/products/supplies are sold to the general public:

Software Development
Restaurant
Cleaners/Cleaning Services/Laundry Services
Daycare
Accountant
Bookkeeper
...pretty much every job out there.

Last edited by TwistedMelon on August 20, 2012 15:49.
https://TwistedMelon.com - Mira & Manta IR - Remote Control Your Apps

Hosting Services by ipHouse