The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Thursday August 16, 2012 at 23:02
ez1putt
Lurking Member
August 2012
On August 16, 2012 at 09:04, cgav said...
And it's gone.

Incorrect....it's still there in plain sight if you know where to look. No hack required.

After taking a look at the underlying application code (not the "coding" by installers, but how it's written), it is no wonder there are issues with CCP. Seriously, it's spaghetti code that a "D Team" wrote. Oh, and it's built on a technology that is end of life, so upgrading it would be a huge undertaking. No one should hold out for a significant functionality upgrade. Whomever is running their IT shop should be fired.

The only issue I have is that URC should put in huge font that "while this is a programmable remote, software to the end consumer is provided soley at the discression of the retailer". Problem solved. Who would by a programmable remote and even think to ask if it was programmable only by the dealer? It's crazy.

While I'm not impressed with it, I am able to do exactly what I wanted and that's modify my remote with CCP.

Oh, I did call URC. That was comical. They told me the "user guide" and warranty applied to the dealer, not consumer. This was a manager, not just the front line guy. Indefensible.

Hosting Services by ipHouse