Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Thursday August 16, 2012 at 10:10
kgossen
March 2008
On August 16, 2012 at 09:31, TwistedMelon said...
This is in direct contradiction to the manual included with the 880 and 980. It's also in contradiction with the actions or URC.

The only thing that makes the software difficult at all to use are the bugs, poor design and especially poor official documentation. There are a large number of "consumers" who are able to overcome these deficiencies and program their own remotes quite happily. I'd wager many, especially those with a programming background, even better than many/most trained URC installers.

I respect URC's right to distribute their line how they see fit, but I don't appreciate the double-talk and voodoo-like veil being cast over it. Just be honest and clear about the dealer protection system that's in place. This includes telling end-customers that if their dealer goes out of business they will be left holding a paperweight. :) And of course that as an end-customer, unlike most of other possessions one may "own," they don't truly own a URC remote since they're not allowed to resell it, and that any potential future buyer would be getting only a paperweight.

I don't know about better than most URC installers but definitely some!

I agree with you 100% on URC's screwed up software and their policy. Having so-called "Professional" remotes available from online retailers is a complete joke (just like the Total Control line)
"Quality isn't expensive, it's Priceless!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse