The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday August 12, 2012 at 12:13
Jimmy Bellagio
Advanced Member
January 2008
The Aventage codes are there, but I all they do is sweep codes over from prevoius models blindly, without bothering to check if anything changed. I can completely understand if something is not updated; they are busy- i get it. But why bother to "dummy up" the database if codes are different, even if they didn't change across the board?

For example, just look at the Denon line. The commands and functionality even inputs change from the 2911 to 12, to 13. But if you look at URC those codes are the same as if nothing is different. They completely overhauled their inputs. Even their new Directv models don't work. The HR25 exit, info and left button are wrong. Don't even get me started with Marantz Receivers, your lucky if anything works on the newer models. Epson line is missing a ton of models and codes that ae newer or even recent years. It's just not a good database. I guess it doesn't matter in the end because there are a lot of other ways to get codes, but I am so sick of hearing how great their IR database is - especially from them. And don't bother emailing that address. I emailed a ton of models to them over the past year or so and have NEVER seen one thing get updated. It's hysterical. Would love to see what is on the other end of that address!
James S. Bellagio

Hosting Services by ipHouse