The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday August 9, 2012 at 12:34
BillB
Founding Member
February 2002
Thanks for the input! I pulled up my CCF in PPENG and my old RC5200 CCF would definitely need some work beyond just copying new buttons and backgrounds to look decent on the 7000. Quite a bit of moving around to make things fit and change labels, etc.

However, Lyndel, your opinion holds a lot of weight with me so I still have to consider the hardware.

However, it is appealing to me to look at the RC9500 and be able to download my CCF and keep all my spacing/formatting the same. In that case I could just Shift-copy new buttons and paste in some new backgrounds. And if I am thinking right I would be at an okay place to start. Of course until I start playing with it and changing everything! I am used to the RC5200 having used one for years so from a hardware standpoint it has been okay for me.

But I know I am giving up 4 buttons. I can't comment on the form factor of the 7000 as there is nowhere to try one out....I would have to buy and then try.

One other consideration is there does seem to be more availability of the TSU7000 vs. the RC9500. I just figure if I am going to replace that old one again, I might as well get a newer color one.

Thanks again,
BillB

Hosting Services by ipHouse