The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 8, 2012 at 22:56
ez1putt
Lurking Member
August 2012
I'm sure this is a taboo question, but I am a consumer wanting to get my hands on the CCP software for personal use. I bought a whole HT system including MX-880 remote from an authorized local URC dealer. The retailer won't give up the software, and I foolishly didn't even think to ask if the universal remote came with software up front. I'm a programmer by trade, and interested in "tinkering" with the remote. I believe the remote has huge potential and don't want to pay $50 -100 an hour for trial-and-error while I poke around.

On a related note, I somewhat understanding URC not wanting to field a help desk for consumers, but why in the h*ll do they have this crazy policy to not share the code with legitimatly purchased remotes? Give me the software and charge for support if you want. It's like getting an ipad and having to go back to the apple store every time you want to add an app. I'm first upset at myself (never crossed my mind), then with my retailer for recommending this device that requires their resources to modify.

Please don't p**p on my post. If you don't want to help, then please just don't comment. I'm not looking to share broadly, and don't want your jobs. I am simply interested in learning on a device I legitimally purchased through an authorized local retailer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse