The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday August 6, 2012 at 20:36
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 6, 2012 at 14:46, Debbie25 said...
It is a IR remote: MX-900.
I also have a IR base.
I have had this remote setup for about 10 years so I have always been able to just push the buttons and it works.

I have never had to point the remote to anything until now.
I would have no idea how to change the remote from IR to RF.

If you did not have to point it, you have an RF base, not an IR repeating kit. RF captures the signal over radio frequency through an antenna and then converts the signal to IR, which is then sent to the TV over emitters that are placed over the "eye" of the TV.

So, the problem could be as others were getting at, that the remote is set to IR for the new TV. Being that you have had the remote for so many years, I am guessing you have the standalone software, which defaults to IR and RF, so it sends signal both ways. So is there an emitter placed on the eye of the TV? If yes, does it flash when you are pressing a button under TV?

The suggestion to set the remote to IR only is a good suggestion. There is no chance of any signals repeating and canceling each other out. You would be best served to do this, point the remote at the TV, and test the buttons. If you do not know how to set the remote to IR, just ask back in this thread.

Hosting Services by ipHouse