The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday July 31, 2012 at 21:02
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Haptic feedback is like voice control was back in 2000. Fun to play around with but otherwise useless. Ask me again in 2020 (how long i think before it will have any value...assuming it doesn't fail miserably).

As for physical buttons...a lot of people continued to ride horses after the automobile arrived. People love hard buttons because thats the way its always been. "No good reason to change" or "i hate looking down at touchscreens" is what they think. The reality is that they hate looking down at touchscreens because up until recently they had to look down at the touchscreen to use ONLY the buttons that were already on the hard button remote.

What they are not thinking about is the fact that we can now navigate the guide for cable or satellite on the tablet. So now the crazy family member who likes to surf channels all night can do so without annoying the hell out of everyone else. More and more features will be added to the tablet...and not just for cable tv. The entire home will be accessible via lutron apps and thermostat web servers.

People will always (eventually) give up on old technology and start taking advantage of new technology. In 10 years everyone on the planet will have a touchscreen phone and or tablet. Only grandma will care about her hard button remote and tablet based control of everything will be as common as driving cars.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse