The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Friday July 27, 2012 at 13:03
tweeterguy
Loyal Member
June 2005
It's not often the word syphilis makes its way into AV and automation discussions; point well taken :-)

To the OP...you have 6 devices that need programming/configured/setup whatever you want to call it. There's no legitimate install firm that is going to do that for <1,000 dollars. This does not take into account ensuring all of your other devices (you know, the TV, AVR, STB, DVD, media player and whatever else you have) are setup and configured properly...which is important when integrating with the 6 new devices you are looking to have programming/configured/setup. Also does not take into account if the IR emitters are present and in the right spots, doesn't take into account if the devices using 232 (or IP) are setup properly.

I just ran some numbers quickly for my firm to do all of this...one tech on site, 6 hours minimum; likely to be a full 8/9 hour day given it's client provided and installed (tech will redo most if not all cabling to our standards and create documentation). $2,794 would be the estimate for best case scenario; i.e. tech shows up and everything is connected and working properly, not having to touch a single wire or redo any connections. You'd be on T&M of course. Best of luck. Anyone willing to take this on remotely would be in for a world of hate if things aren't connected properly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse