The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday July 3, 2012 at 10:51
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
I didn't "give up" on the 780 easily. Spent two calls with URC over about 60 minutes trying to get it to work. EVERY URC remote I've ever tried works fine with parallels. I tried it without tech support for a couple hours trying different things.

I bill ~$100/hr depending on the job and 3 hours of billable time trying to get it working, in my opinion, isn't giving up on it.

As for ProControl, I didn't give up on it either. They're a new remote control entering a crowded market. I had ZERO need for it. It didn't fit a niche for me that I needed. I don't NEED ProControl. They NEED me. Between seeing it online for LESS THAN I BUY IT FOR and the range problems and the DOA I personally experienced, those were too many things against it for me to consider adding it to my repertoire. In fact, it's still being sold online:

[Link: ecost.com]

They got it removed from PCNation, but it's still on the list PCNation is getting it from. My guess is it's being sold by IngramMicro to these companies but I don't care enough to take it any further.

Hosting Services by ipHouse