The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday July 1, 2012 at 22:02
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
Well, golden didn't have that advice when I posted this originally, just that it worked for him. I spoke with URC tech support twice. Both times their stance was it wouldn't work. In parallels, and when I plugged it in, nothing showed up in device manager at all. It was not listed as an hid device under parallels usb or in device manager. Normally when I plug something in, it gives me a choice of connecting it to either Mac or Windows 7. No such luck with the 780.

I appreciate the personal condescension, however. Glad to know how I choose to run my own business is such a large source of concern and entertainment for you. I'll try to check with you two next time I decide to upgrade my hardware so I can make the choice you'd prefer instead of what's right for me.

For me, I can run parallels without issue for every remote/software I've ever encountered. EXCEPT the 780. I prefer the hardware IMMENSELY. My wife is a professional photographer and we run Adobe software for Mac. The desktops at home are mac (albeit with bootcamp) and her laptops are mac. I'm not acquiring a windows machine just because a few manufacturers decide their going to bury their heads in the sand.

The penetration of mac in the custom a/v world is far more than 5%. When I go to Crestron trainings in Atlanta, Macs are the majority.

Sorry for the long winded post, there's just no reason to insult someone because they're different from you.

Last edited by cgav on July 1, 2012 22:14.

Hosting Services by ipHouse