The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday April 16, 2012 at 22:17
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
I am not a fan of gesture control. I tried it with boxee but i found that i had to keep looking at my iPhone/iPad anyway. I would rather have arrows to navigate the UI and transport buttons to play pause stop. I think gesture control works well on fixed touchpad mice because its stationary and serves a single purpose. With an iPhone or iPad you accidentally (because you are not looking at the device) touch the wrong area and you are now in the angry birds app and your gesture controls are not working.

Also... for right now i am against gesture navigation. Swiping may work well on the iPad and a couple of touchpanel models but it doesn't work on everything and there is no advantage to swiping vs hitting a next arrow or a page tab so IMO its not worth implementing. My attitude/opinion about this will change over the next 24 months. Hopefully by then our clients will all be iOS/Android savvy meaning they will expect swiping and know how to use it. And hopefully by then it works flawlessly with all control system touchpanels.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse