The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday March 8, 2012 at 20:18
mobes53
Long Time Member
April 2009
Thank you Ernie for your response!!! Good info for me so far.

I haven't picked out any kind of receiver or amplifiers yet. I wanted to see what suggestions anyone had for me on what to get. I have looked into stereo receiver instead of an AVR because video and surround sound are not an issue. I was thinking that there is probably a way to get a "receiver" of some sort to use the different types of media (iPod dock, radio, cd...) and then have an auxiliary amp running the speakers.

Like I stated before,

Zone1= 2 pairs of loudspeakers in a large garage.
Zone2= 1 pair of loudspeakers outside in a garden area.

I am not sure if it is a good match but, the Crown XLS1000 seems like an amp that could handle the job nicely. Am I incorrect?? Only thing I could see wrong is the noise from the fan is unknown. The price is nice too...  [Link: crownaudio.com];

Another part of my question is volume control.  How can I control volume remotely, for 2 zones with an external amp setup?? Impedence matching VC? RF remote (I have used URC for other installs)?? Do the pre outs to the amp have to be variable vol levels?

Lots of questions, I know... But thank you for the help! As they say, "Long time listener, first time caller!" I have learned so much from everyone on this forum!

Hosting Services by ipHouse