The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 2, 2012 at 08:13
ggr
Lurking Member
February 2012
Hi there, new member here. I've got my MX-450 up and running with all my equipment listed below. IR to the TV and RF to the media closet for all my equipment (Integra Receiver and 4 sources). All is working well, including macros. I'm having one troublesome issue and hoping someone can provide some insight:

Issue: I've mapped all of Integra's menu controls to the corresponding buttons on the MX-450. When I hit my "Music" activity, the remote executes the macro and then jumps to the Integra device. Works great, can navigate setup menus, etc. On the device, I have an LCD button dedicated to the "Smart Apps"...here's where the trouble begins. When I hit that button and bring up the Smart Apps menu, the menu controls (up/down/select/etc.) no longer work! I've confirmed that the reason for this is that the Integra stock remote goes into a different mode once the stock Smart Apps button is pressed and is therefore firing off different menu controls. Not sure why they would do this, but there's obviously no way to change it.

One Solution: One solution is to make the MX-450's LCD button into a macro that fires the Smart App code and then jumps to another new duplicate Integra device for which I program the second, different set of menu controls. I haven't done this, but theoretically it would work fine...just need to re-learn all the codes and re-do all the macros. Cumbersome, but fine I guess.

Question: Can anyone think of a better way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse