The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday January 31, 2012 at 02:19
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
The guy has an A/V system with choice of projector plus screen, or TV that comes out and rotates. I can't imagine how to make a teeny version of that. The file is 218 kB.

Everyone seems to miss the fact that this is not one remote. It's happened with at least six. One of the times that I decided to go look for an answer, which I never found, I gave him three remotes, each programmed the same, and told him to keep them charged and let me know if they crapped out, then start using another one. He used all three and eventually I replaced those three with another after generating perfect codes for a Xantech CC62; those codes looked too long and thus suspect to me.

And those three remotes were after I had given, loaned, exchanged, or whatever, at least three other remotes. This is NOT a problem with A REMOTE.

And I just realized that I was totally wrong thinking I could make this any different with an RC9200. I'm embarrassed to say that I did not remember that the 9200 was not an NG remote. I had hoped that converting the file into NG would either cure or decisively break the file. To that end I have an RC5400 that I just got working, thank you, Lyndel. I'm delivering it with an imported version of the file tomorrow. I'll let you know. If this never comes up again, it's fixed. Otherwise it could take six months.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse