The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday January 28, 2012 at 13:18
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 26, 2012 at 19:03, Lyndel McGee said...
Ernie,

You may want to try this if you have not done so already.

There was a bug at one point that caused simulator to crap out if an IR code does not have a textual name such as Learned, that may be causing your reset. For sure this occurred in ProntoEdit and is also likely in TouchScreenSetup.

Simulator is not crapping out. The entire remote is going back to the factory default setting.

Use CCFTools to decompile your config to a CSF file. Then use text editor to go searching for the problem.

I think all the codes have names, but I will do this.

And, finally, does the remote use Timers? I can't recall if Marantz allowed them. Also, Marantz, IIRC, did not allow beep actions. Maybe you have these setup on the remote and they are causing issues?

Hmmm. Timer, no, if you mean causing an action at a time on a 24 hour clock. Timing, yes, if you mean waiting 15 seconds in a macro for the screen to go up before bringing the TV shelf out.

Thanks!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse