The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday January 26, 2012 at 16:41
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On January 26, 2012 at 11:38, netarc said...
thx for the comments & info - yes, u guys did a fantastic job w/the ergo, imo.

EXIT button placement makes sense, but my .02, fwiw, is that menu/guide are used more often than info/exit, and hence should both be on the left side of the remote, where they are both a bit more accessible to the thumb than on the right. e.g., it'd be better even if MENU remained where it was, but INFO/GUIDE were swapped.

The asymmetrical Vol/CH keys I think one can get used to, no worries; it definitely does contribute to the look & flow of the remote as is.

oh, one more bit of feedback re: the remote beep: currently the beep vol setting is global to all keys. May I suggest a RFE where the beep can be selectively enabled for JUST the LCD soft keys, while disabled for the hard keys? e.g., a toggle parameter on the beep configuration screen along the lines of "Beep only for soft-keys".

I find the beep not useful, and even a bit annoying, for the hard keys - you don't need the feedback, as the tactile button has already give you that. But for the soft-keys, the feedback of the button changing color is hidden by your finger; so it'd be VERY useful to have an option allowing the beep to be enabled for the LCD, yet disabled for the hard buttons.

I'm hopeful that this is something that may be addressed in a future firmware upgrade?

Personally, I use Info and Exit a LOT more then Menu or Guide. I almost never use either for cable, and use Menu only for Bluray and AppleTV. What I do wish would change is the layout of the Play button. It used to be in between the fast forward and rewind buttons. Now the Pause button is between the fast forward and rewind buttons, while the Play button is above the Pause. When fast forwarding through commercials during DVR playback for example, I find myself hitting Pause all the time as it is easy for my finger to slide right over, while it takes a little more attention paid to place my finger on the Play button.

Hosting Services by ipHouse