The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 26, 2012 at 11:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
First, the one review I find here is a customer review saying that the software for the RC9200 won't work with XP. If this is true, the discussion is over. Please let me know how things stand.

I'm looking into this because I've had a pesky problem with an RC5200 problem for several years! A client has a system with both a roll-out and rotate TV and a roll-down screen and projector, and someone else programmed the remote for us, learning codes for it. To make things worse, the programmer was turkish and use some turkish words to label things. The system includes normal components, but also a Xantech CC-62.

Every two to eight months something happens that makes the RC5200 revert to the factory program. I have substituted about a dozen different components over the years, as many as three at a time, telling the client to try to notice what he is doing when the damn thing resets, and his reporting skills are nonexistent.

The codes for the CC62 looked suspiciously long, so I went through the IR accessory programs and generated perfect codes. After doing that, I got the longest time -- eight months -- without a reset.

So... since I've asked people here and still have no solution, it suddenly occurred to me that if there is some pesky hidden problem with the program, maybe converting it to an NG program will reveal the problem or cure it. Thus the RC9200.

I know an RC5400 might work, and I'm looking into that, too, but I'm wondering about the RC9200.

Many thanks in advance.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse