Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Tuesday July 19, 2011 at 15:36
JonW747
September 2006
On March 19, 2011 at 02:59, brimorga said...
Update: I did this several months ago and the conductive paint has flaked off of several buttons now. Eventually, this ended up being a major pain as conductive paint flakes have scattered onto sensors, resulting in buttons being 'stuck'. I'm back to where I started, trying to find another conductive glue that will stick permanently. Either that, or trying to connect URC to see if I can get a replacement.

Yeah, that's what I was eluding to in my post back on page #1:

If you've simply worn out the carbon coating on the buttons, there are some repair kits for those, but I haven't had much luck with them.

I used a different product, so maybe there's something out there that will work, but IMO the problem is getting the conductive ink to stick to slick rubber. It will dry and affix itself, but it doesn't really want to stay affixed and eventually starts flaking off. Might have only lasted a week or two, and things can actually get worse because the flakes can cause shorts, stuck buttons, or potentially worse.

On the bright side, when you realize it won't work, it's pretty easy to wipe the old ink off - which is rather the problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse