The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Thursday December 30, 2010 at 16:10
mo723
Long Time Member
December 2010
Regarding the files, the labels you have as "menu" and "tv menu" should both be named "setup/ TV menu" which is what the label says on the factory remote. It is only one button which performs a function in different sections of the TV depending on which is activated at the time.

An additional EFC for vcr speed is vcr/000. On the remote it is labeled "speed".

Also, where in the RMIR file does it show which setup codes were used for device 5, 14, and 15 ? Isn't that important information for the user?

Can you edit the file to show up correctly under the 15-134 remote and give it a more descriptive name than "combined"?

As for the STB, it responds to 099 in TV, DVD, and VCR modes. The TV does NOT respond to 099 in DVD or VCR modes. The TV turns on or off with 099 in TV mode, and the STB always turns on with 099 in every mode, but does not turn off with 099. So, is there a solution, other than me covering up one side of the remote with my hand when I'm shooting a power signal so the STB cannot see it?

** (curiously enough, my STB factory remote has 2 sections, one for the box and one for a TV set. It has a limited choice of TV setup codes for the power, volume and mute. If I press the TV power button on the RCA remote, it turns on BOTH the TV and STB. If I press the "box" power button on the RCA remote, it only turns on the box (and off if pressed again) )

Last edited by mo723 on December 31, 2010 11:34.

Hosting Services by ipHouse