The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Thursday December 30, 2010 at 10:00
mo723
Long Time Member
December 2010
"I saved this as an old RCA remote so that the Combo executor would have the EFCs that you're using. See if I understood your notes correctly. BTW, the VCR and DVD setup codes don't actually have Vol+/- or mute. But your remote is setup at the factory to punch through those keys to the TV device. So it seems like DVD and VCR are programmed with Vol, but they're not."

-----

I looked at the file in RMIR, and maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but the EFCs all appear to be not what I recorded. And the EFC5 is completely foreign to me. When I was trying some codes using other RCA files, I entered the exact 3 digit EFC shown in the file. If I were to do that with this upgrade, it would not match what I documented, and I would not be entering the same keystrokes as I actually entered to program my remote. What am I missing here?

Also, it does not appear that the preprogrammed keys in the RS remote are reflected in the RMIR layout. All keys show as unassigned, even though many are already handled by the setup code.

Last edited by mo723 on December 30, 2010 10:09.

Hosting Services by ipHouse