The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Thursday December 30, 2010 at 09:28
mo723
Long Time Member
December 2010
"1) When you assign an EFC, the remote stores the device mode, setup code and EFC. The assignment persists even if you change the setup code for that device mode. So you can temporarily put setup code 20522 on the TV button, assign EFCs, and then revert to 10047. So you don't need a spare device button."

------

So, you mean the remote saves the buttons I have programmed manually? What if I want to go back to the full default layout for that setup code? I.E. if I have programmed a bunch of buttons and I have messed up and don't remember what is on them, and I decide to wipe the device and start over, how would I revert back to the original factory setup for a code, say "12345" ? Just for that device key, NOT for the entire remote. How to do that?

2. I honestly don't remember if the STB was responding or not before I programmed the SAT key. I tend to think it would not have mattered. It's an RCA box, and it responds to the RCA power command. I used setup code 00392, which is for an RCA "satellite" receiver, even though this is an over-the-air broadcast receiver. It worked with all features, except the "dash" button, which I had to learn from the original remote. I do NOT have a macro on the power button. I have never programmed a macro on any key for any reason so far (that I know of).

Last edited by mo723 on December 30, 2010 11:27.

Hosting Services by ipHouse