The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Tuesday December 28, 2010 at 10:18
mo723
Long Time Member
December 2010
On December 27, 2010 at 22:47, 3FG said...

How do you know the missing functions exist? For the monitor function, have you tried all the possible input commands (did you try the Ant EFC I suggested earlier) while the VCR is playing?

Well I don't *know* for 100% sure ;) . But I think it's 99% certain based on looking at the original remote that came with the TV combo, reading the .pdf user manual that I downloaded which describes all those functions, playing with the actual TV and noticing all the other functions that are associated with the missing functions, and the fact that remotes.com offers an aftermarket clone substitute that they claim matches ALL of the original functions and the picture shows all of them. I have no reason to believe that this combo TV lacks any of the stated functions.

Having said all that, I got impatient and began testing all the codes last night by brute force. I found 2 on the first pass using the VCR setup section, and then had a heck of a time trying again on the TV section.

Here is what I discovered:

Main menu/ATR (auto tracking) was found on VCR/00088

30 Sec ADV was found on VCR/00152
---- curiously enough, 152 was labeled as "Cs" (probably for commercial skip) on the RCA TV .rmdu file in RMIR. It was hiding in plain sight!

TV monitor was found on TV/00234
--- "antenna" on the RCA DVD protocol, and "Ant. A/B" in the TV protocol, as you suggested, although the EFC that worked was not 144.

Hosting Services by ipHouse