The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday December 18, 2010 at 14:50
mo723
Long Time Member
December 2010
That is excellent news. I am trying now to locate the RS 15-134. It appears the closest store so far that has it is 160 miles away, so I'm thinking about solutions.

While I work on that, a few more clues and questions, please :).

1. If I can get a 15-134, will it give me all the special buttons, or will I need a more sophisticated remote? I am sorely lacking things like the display, sleep, and cc buttons for the TV, display, slow, tracking, NUMBER buttons, 30sec adv, speed, timer record, eject for the VCR... and almost every button for the dvd (menu, numbers, zoom, angle, etc). Even the arrow keys.

2. I do not have an old cable remote, but I *do* have a never used directv remote with aux1 and aux2 settings. Will this work and will it enable the special buttons?

3. I was able to play around with 2 generic remotes- a ge universal and an RCA brand universal. Between the 2, I could find settings that would work almost all of the basic functions, but the number keys would not work on the dvd or vcr, and the dvd main menu and other functions did not respond. Basically all you can do with a dvd is play/stop/ff/rw. Given that the remote can control the device in some ways, does this mean the other commands can be easily programmed with a better universal remote?

Hosting Services by ipHouse