The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Friday December 10, 2010 at 02:53
brihan
Lurking Member
December 2010
Sorry to wake an old sleeping thread but I have searched and read tried and can not find my answer.

The basic problem: TSU 6000 can not connect to the computer (desktop with Vista)

History: I was connected and all was good until I hit "Update Firmware" and begun the process. I rebooted the RC as instructed and the firmware update began but in the middle the battery died...

After recharging the battery the remote still works however it will not connect with the computer.

I have checked and made sure the USB adapter/COM1 are active and all is well there. I can plug in and unplug the USB adapter and watch in the device manager ""Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM1)" disappear when unplugged then be recognized when plugged in.

When I have the RC connected and try to upload or download a file I get "RC device not connected or not responding" and in the details it says "COM1: Opened but no response from RC device"

So I think I can safely assume that my computer is OK and the issue is with the RC.

I went into the RC set up and tried the "Revert" button to get back to factory spects but there is no action when that button is pressed.

I have rebooted the RC many times and have pulled the battery for about 15 min.

Is there any way to do a hard/forced total reboot to get back to the original system? My config is saved on Pronto Edit4 so I'm not worried about losing what is on the RC. I can start fresh. I just need to get back to the point where the RC and ProntoEdit4 can communicate again.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. This unit is to expensive to become a paperweight.

Thank you very much for your time,

Brian

Hosting Services by ipHouse