Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 1, 2010 at 16:18
AlmaataKZ
Long Time Member
March 2010
Gents, my problems seems to grow...

Just got the remote from repair (had the constant rebooting problem and did not know it can be fixed with hyperterminal). They fixed it. took the money. All worked fine - for 3 days. As I was reprogramming it it went into the constant reboot cycle again.

I am now trying to fix it using hyperterminal and these instructins from faq:
---------
If your remote is constantly rebooting every few seconds, as in after you "CANCELLED" a CCF download in ProntoEdit, you can fix it via this method:

1 Connect your remote to your PC.
2 Open a terminal program (such as HyperTerminal, which is included with Windows).
3 Connect to the serial (COM) port your remote is hooked up to at 115200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no flow control.
4 Hit the reset button on the back of your remote control. On the terminal program you should start to see numbers such as "00 02 04", etc.
5 Hit the [ESC] key on your keyboard. A prompt, CABERNET> should appear.
6 Type dl ccf followed by return. You should see a slowly growing string of C's.
7While those C's are appearing, download your CCF file to the remote using the XModem protocol (Transfer -> Send File).
8 When the download has finished, type go followed by the return key on your keyboard.
--------------------
I seem to connect fine but On step 4 when i press the reset button nothing happens. the remote keeps rebooting and there are no numbers 00 02 04 etc or anything coming up in hyperterminal...

Any help???

Hosting Services by ipHouse