The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 2, 2010 at 18:12
Suftop1
Long Time Member
May 2010
I hope this is not a duplicate thread...I did a search before posting and couldn't find anything so...

Here is my problem

Brand new Toshiba 40G300 and Im trying to get my time warner remote to work properly with it.

I am using a Cisco "Explorer" 464HDC set-top box, and have my PC running through the TV as well on HDMI2

Everything works as it should, except the Time Warner remote, and I am getting some strange symptoms.

When I set it all up (yesterday) I tried the 3-digit codes in the remote's manual. I did get one to work, and am able to turn the TV on and off, raise/lower voume, etc. The problem is the Video Source button doesn't work, which is causing problems for my HTPC.

Also, the aspect ratio button isn't working right, and that brings us to the strange part...if I take the batteries out of the remote, turn the tv off and back on manually, replace batteries, and then hit the aspect button on remote, IT WORKS. (interestingly enough, only if the remote "mode" is set to CBL) Then as soon as I change the channel that button no longer works. And yea, no luck whatsoever getting the Video source button to work at all.

Another wierd thing...I've been trying to re-program the remote to see if a different code would work better, but it seems it won't let me. I do the select/mute thing till the lights flash, try all the codes, and none of them will even turn the TV off now during programming as it should. Same thing if I try the point and click program method w/ the chan. up button. It's like the remote is locked in to the code I initially used and now it won't let me change it.

I am totally lost, and debating buying a harmony, but I hate to waste money and only need to control 2 devices (tv and set top box). This shouldn't be so difficult. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or know the right code that I should be using?

Thanks in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse