The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday September 12, 2010 at 01:30
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
On September 11, 2010 at 17:00, sabastianc7 said...
Hello,

I own the LG BD390 player and was wondering if there's any way I could use the remote designed for the LG BD570 player with my player.

My gut feeling would say yes, but there are others here better qualified to discuss LG ir protocols.

The reason is the remote control that the BD570 uses is superior to the BD390 one.

Different layout yes; superior is open to question.

If I could purchase the remote control separately and have it be compatible in some way with my player, that would be fantastic.

You don't mention a location in your profile, but I have found these . . .

Searching on the respective part numbers may give alternative suppliers.

Please let me know if this is possible. I seem to remember it has some universal options as well (however, it may be locked to the specific version of LG player).

The only "universal" option available (which both remotes are capable of) is the (limited) control of a number of brands of TV. The manuals list LG, Zenith, Goldstar, Samsung, Sony and Hitachi.

I've heard often of people using remote controls that were designed for another version of a device with their device... this has in the past been sometimes possible with or without a code hack.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Please clarify.

I do believe the remote controls for the 5xx series of LG Blu-Ray players are the same.

The second link above suggests that to be the case.

N.B. The manuals for both players can be found here and here (the former being a 3.9MB pdf and the latter a 9.8MB pdf).

Last edited by djy on September 12, 2010 01:39.

Hosting Services by ipHouse