The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday July 13, 2010 at 13:28
MCFH
Long Time Member
December 2009
I am seeing the same issue (also with a Denon amp) - my code is architected to call receive asynchronously from a timer thread to provide the polling and the onData handler is not being called. Deadlock somewhere from the new code?

OK - some further information. I have two devices I connect to in my activity onEntry script - both are controlled by RS-232 (a Denon Amp and CBUS Network). I have created a simple project that contains only the Denon and it works fine; add the CBUS into the mix and it deadlocks.

Both devices scripts (which I have written and worked under the old firmware) are written with scheduled timers to poll the port and have their own netlink status handlers to detect the connection being dropped. Will post more as I find it out...

I see my queue of commands for the port processed until I press a hard key at which point the serial port stops receiving data and, interestingly, pressing the button again you see the command queue get longer and not be processed.

OK - am now pretty certain there is a deadlock between the user interface thread and the timers. Have emailed a sample to Belgium.

Mark

Last edited by MCFH on July 13, 2010 17:23.

Hosting Services by ipHouse