The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 13, 2010 at 04:14
Shadowsoul
Lurking Member
July 2010
Hello all, hoping someone can send me off in the right direction for my questions.

I am trying to setup my mediapc so that it's controlled by the remote control for my TV but I am having some problems with the message format.

I have an IR receiver that accepts the signal but the decoding is an issue.
So what I am wondering is if anyone know what protocol and timings Pioneer uses in their current lineup?
I have looked at the IR codes present on the Pioneer site but they look absolutely nothing like the ones the remote sends, all the codes on Pioneers site are 56/64 bits (8 chars, dunno if they are coded as 7 bit or 8 bit each).

I can't figure out what the codes with a ton of 4-digit groups are so I'm not sure if they match what I am seeing.

The codes I receive from the remote all begin with 7FFFFFFFF and seems to end with 0000000000 (which makes the IR receiver stop taking the signal) and are 64 bytes in total, followed by a 19 byte signal. Most of the buttons repeat this 2 times (ie 64 bytes, 19 byts, 64 bytes, 19 bytes, done).

As a side note, does anyone know if Pioneer uses 38 or 40KHz frequency? (Or another for that matter). I have a 38KHz receiver that seems to accept the signal but I'm not sure of the tolernace levels and the effect of bordering on them.

Any help or suggestions on where to find more information are very appreciated,
/Shadowsoul

Hosting Services by ipHouse