The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday July 10, 2010 at 17:23
alpha
Long Time Member
September 2003
I also went from a 3000 to a 9400. In the end I wound up with a complete redesign. The transferred database was not easy to understand. In some cases there were no titles from codes I learned. So I started a new configuration. 90 % of the equipment I used is in the default database , which is much easier to use than the 3000. I would suggest once you get the 9400 working with the old codes start creating a new configuration from scratch.

Try out the new project tool. It might have everything you need to get started.

Once you start a new configuration file you can add equipment profiles to your "My Database" .

1. Create a New Activity. Use previous designs or a template. ( In this case a Sony DVD PLAYER )
2. Enter the Pronto Database and add equipment profiles (Sony DVD ) to your "My Database" .Close it .
3. Then in the building Blocks section under Equipment Codes select the equipment(Sony DVD ) for that activity.
4. Drag and drop the codes to buttons.

Use the Chanel Macro Action to auto-magically add Number Codes to buttons with numbers.
If you use the Television logo Buttons to go to a channel like SYFY , ABC, HBO, BBC
1. Label the button as the Chanel number.
2. Select " none " for the size of the font.
3. Use the Chanel Macro Action.
4. Select the equipment.
5. add a delay (.20 ) seconds
Once the equipment and the delay is selected just use the action on each button.

You could design an activity with codes from all of your equipment. Each page is a device. As a backup, I have one too . It has my original codes from the 3000 . But I don't use it for editing the config. I usually drag and drop from the database. Once you get use to it it works faster.

Check out some of the designs in the file area. And don't forget that now that you have a Color remote you can use some of the 7000-7500 color configurations with modification.

Last edited by alpha on July 10, 2010 17:50.
Project Boredom 2 is here. [Link: mediafire.com]
------------------------
Check Version 1 & 2 out in the files section.

Hosting Services by ipHouse