The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday July 10, 2010 at 02:09
buzz
May 2003
micro,

I'm not sure exactly where you are in the process. Do you have a working program, with the old artwork? Are you working in PEP2?

If so, then the code pages are not necessary because the links to the codes have been removed. If you want to keep the code pages, simply hide them. Mostly, I have no need for code pages any more, but some of my more advanced ProntoScript programs are using code pages again.

In your TSU3000 days, changing a device, perhaps replacing a DVD player with a BluRay, would usually require tracking down all of the DVD codes and replacing them. Many of us used code pages to minimize this effort. Having all of the codes in one spot saved us the trouble of tracking down every button that may have used a DVD code.

The new database is device oriented and one can simply replace model x with model y and know that all of the codes are swapped.

Replacing artwork is somewhat easier now because one can use drag and drop from button to button. When I converted programs, I would define a course grid, drag and drop the new artwork on a button, then drag the button to a nearby grid intersection. This may not be the final location, but it is close enough to get a program converted and usable. Later, I can fine tune the locations.

Hosting Services by ipHouse