Philips Pronto NG Family Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
Please help Marantz RC3200 and RC5400
This thread has 3 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Monday September 2, 2013 at 06:14
dodo.ambra
Lurking Member
September 2013
Hello,
I have two remotes Marantz RC3200 and RC5400. Both are non functional.
RC3200 was left with a discharged battery more than a year and when I changed the battery, I saw the touch screen no longer responds to touch. He illuminates and menu appears by pressing the buttons on it but when I press the screen, it does not react. I reset the device by pushing in the hole located in the battery compartment, but nothing. What can I do? I mention that can access the RC3200 using an PC .

About RC5400
Seeing that RC3200 does not work, I bought on ebay an Marantz RC5400 which the seller described as locked. The screen displays the message to touch the upper left corner, but does not react at all. (As if she would be in calibrating menu the touch screen )

What can be with them? Problems would be software or hardware?
Thanks
Marantz DV9600, Marantz SR9600, B&W
Post 2 made on Saturday September 7, 2013 at 11:49
Stoobie
Long Time Member
April 2004
This link might help with your RC5400 - [Link: remotecentral.com]

I can't help re the 3200.

Stoobie
RC9500, RC5400, RU940 & Pronto Neo, Windows Vista.
Post 3 made on Saturday September 7, 2013 at 16:34
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
The RC3200 is basically the Marantz-branded Pronto NEO for which the IR Code format is not compatible with the other Pronto Remote code formats. Think you have to use NeoHacker for this. For more info, see the Neo forum and the sticky thread there.

[Link: remotecentral.com]
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester
Post 4 made on Tuesday September 10, 2013 at 03:56
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
Just to clarify, RC3200 Setup does actually display and accept input of normal Pronto-format hex codes (and can do so if you load ProntoNEO files into it). I think this was something Marantz requested.

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse